Studies have shown that increasing fiber intake, along with a diet rich in whole grains, fruit and vegetables will significantly increase your chances of weight loss.
Click here to learn more about the important benefits of fiber on weight loss and weight management.
- Adding more high fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds, legumes and whole grains is the first step towards weight loss success. Fiber is not digested by the body, so it gives a feeling of fullness without converting to calories. The fuller you feel, the less likely you are to eat in between meals.
- Even if you are a healthy eater, it is difficult to get the proper amount of fiber; a fiber supplement such as Konsyl can be a quick and easy way to supplement the fiber rich foods you are consuming, which will aid in your goal of long term weight loss and weight management.
- When you choose a fiber supplement, look carefully at the label, not all are created equally. Look for one that has the highest total grams of fiber without any added sugars and unwanted calories. Look to the range of Konsyl Fiber Supplements to find a premium fiber supplement you can use everyday.
Fiber for Lowering Cholesterol
Consuming the proper amount of psyllium fiber on a daily basis can help lower or maintain a healthy level of cholesterol. Studies show that fiber reduces the risk of coronary heart disease and that 14 grams of psyllium seed husk per day, along with a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol have lowered LDL cholesterol levels
Click here to learn more about the important benefits of fiber for lowering cholesterol levels.
- Many people believe that oatmeal is a good source of soluble fiber, however, you need to eat 3packets/day to get an adequate amount - for a flavor such as maple brown sugar, that would be 480 calories!
- To get the same amount of cholesterol lowering power from pure psyllium fiber, just take 2.5 rounded teaspoons of Konsyl Original Formula - only 8 calories!
Hemorrhoids are a condition in which the veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed. Fiber produces a softer fecal mass and encourages better regularity with less straining and irritation.
Non-surgical treatment for prevention of hemorrhoids includes:
Doctors may suggest a bulk stool softener or a psyllium fiber supplement such as Konsyl Original or Konsyl Easy Mix to aid in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Increase psyllium fiber intake to 25 - 35 grams per day
- Increase water intake
- Regular exercise
- Decrease fat in diet
Click here for more information on hemorrhoids and how best to treat/alleviate them.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
IBS is a problem that affects the large intestine. It can cause abdominal cramping, bloating and a change in bowel habits. Although IBS can cause a great deal of discomfort, it does not harm the intestines.
Click here to read more about IBS, the symptoms and how adding fiber to your diet can help alleviate the pain and discomfort associated with this condition.
- Dietary fiber can reduce the abdominal discomfort and allow the colon to relax, resulting in consistent bowel movements on a regular basis.
- The average American eats too much fat and only one-third the amount of fiber recommended by the National Cancer Institute. Many people with IBS are aided by the regular ingestion of a fiber supplement such as Konsyl to increase stool bulk.
Constipation is when a person has three or fewer bowel movements in one week. Stool can be hard and dry and painful to pass. Fiber increases the amount of water in fecal matter, creating more bulk and softer, well formed stools.
Click here to learn more about the important benefits of fiber for relieving constipation.
- Many factors cause constipation, such as a low fiber diet, lack of exercise, low fluid intake, stress and anxiety and side effects of certain medicines.
- In most cases, constipation can be treated and prevented by making a few lifestyle changes, such as drinking plenty of water, exercising and consuming an adequate amount of daily fiber.
- Fiber is a natural treatment and helps the bowel system function, aiding in avoiding the harsh, irritating effects of habit forming stimulant laxatives.
There are many benefits of healthy psyllium fiber for digestive health. Studies show that fiber is important for people of any age, and it helps treat and prevent a number of conditions - ranging from severe acid reflux to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) to obesity and diverticulitis.
Click here to learn what you can do to help insure good digestive health.
Expecting a baby can be one of the most exciting times in a woman's life. It is also a time where she must be extra careful to do and eat what is right to help insure a good pregnancy and most importantly, a healthy baby.
Conditions such as constipation and hemorrhoids can be more prevelant during pregnancy. An adequate intake of psyllium fiber can help relieve both of these problems. A more serious condition is the risk of preeclempsia that women can develop during this time. This is a potentially dangerous condition in which a pregnant woman develops high blood pressure and protein in the urine. It can lead to stroke or impaired kidney function, and decreased blood flow to the placenta. Studies published in the American Journal of Hypertension showed that women who increased their fiber intake during the first trimester of pregnancy had a lower risk of preeclempsia.
Click here to learn more about how a healthy diet, which includes an adequate amount of fiber, can help you experience a healthy pregnancy.